When looking into how can you get rid of acne, you will most definitely come across troubling redness caused by acne pimple growths. Redness caused by Rosacea, another skin condition which causes flushing of facial skin is sometimes mistaken as acne redness. The redness caused by acne and pimples looks different compared to Rosacea. With acne redness, a red ring is formed surrounding an inflated pimple acne. Rosacea redness comes in patches, similar to blushing. Although it sometimes can appear as bumps, the bumps tend to be smaller.
Treating redness caused by acne is usually faster than you would take to cure acne. Care should be taken on how to cure acne. The best methods should resolve pimples in a way that will prevent acne scarring. Try these tricks to minimize redness caused by acne while finding the cure for acne and fading scars in the meantime.
Home Remedies to Cure Acne Redness:
1. Green Tea Ice-cubes. Although ice cubes alone is enough to repress swelling and redness from acne, take your humble ice cube a notch higher by using green tea instead of water. A fresh brew of green tea has many beneficial antioxidants that can reduce inflammation. It is also a natural treatment for acne as it has anti-bacteria properties and minimize pores as well. Rub a cube all over your face once in the day and once in the night as a toner after cleansing your skin. For faster effect, apply a cube every 2 hours on acne spots. Using a Vitaminc C serum afterwards will help to lighten acne scars as well.
2. Aspirin Mask with Aloe. If you have an aspirin at hand, crush and dissolve it with a generous squirt of 98-100% pure aloe vera gel. Aspirin delivers a dose of Salicylic acid for acne, which has anti-bacteria effect on the skin. Aloe soothes and calms the skin and aids recovery from redness. Leave the mask on 10-20 minutes and rinse off.
3. Toothpaste. Dab some toothpaste on your spots and leave them overnight. Effective as an acne cure, toothpaste will shrink pimple acne the next morning and reduce acne redness too.
4. Visine eye drops. Visine for red eyes contains tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride which constricts blood vessels, halting redness caused by acne.
5. Eat carrots or take A or beta carotene supplements. Vitamin A is a good acne treatment as it helps skin regenerate properly and faster. Limit dose to no more than 5000 IU a day.
6. Use a gentle AHA facial wash. This will help you lighten acne scars.
7. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Daily. As a health tonic and treatment for acne, taking apple cider vinegar will boost your body’s alkalinity and reduce its proneness to acne. Redness will also clear up as an additional benefit.
Conceal the redness with a thin layer of oil-free green concealer, followed by a flesh tone concealer. Blend well with a clean brush or fingertip. A good concealer made for people with acne is usually formulated with anti-blemish ingredients such as salicyclic acid, tea tree oil or sulfur.
Do not wait to see a dermatologist if you have tried all these methods to no avail. If you think the redness is caused by anything other than acne, double check with a professional for the appropriate treatment.
Incoming search terms:
- reduce redness of acne
- how to reduce redness of pimples
- how to reduce redness of acne
- how to reduce redness of spots
- how to reduce acne redness
- how to get rid of redness caused by acne
- how to reduce redness of pimple
- reduce acne redness
- pimple redness
- redness from acne
More tips on acne care: