Nutritional supplements for acne are vital for managing acne-type skin. Your skin will respond quickly when you start taking vitamin supplements for acne that assure you’re getting proper nutrition. Use the following supplements to help acne:
- Essential fatty acids, also known as EFAs. Found in salmon and sardines. Eat 2 to 5 servings of cold–water fish weekly to consume thee wonderful fats. Or you can supplement your diet with about 10 fish oil capsules or 2 tablespoons of a flaxseed-oil blend daily. Purchase at the health food store, grocery store, or discount chain.
- Acidophilus, the good bacteria that grows naturally in your intestinal tract. Depleted by the use of antibiotics and by stress. Also depleted by caffeinated beverages and alcoholic beverages. Helps prevent yeast overgrowth infections. Take a couple capsules a day, or as directed on package. You can also eat yogurt that contains active acidophilus cultures two to five times a week.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements. Gives you a balanced blend of B vitamins and minerals you need for basic health. Includes vitamins A, B5, B3, and B6, which specifically benefit acne-type skin. You can also add more of these four vitamins to your daily intake. These are best taken as a supplement.
- Zinc. Aids in the healing of tissue and helps prevent scarring. An important skin nutrient. Zinc is necessary for healthy oil-producing glands. It’s found in egg yolks, fish, sardines, seafood, and pumpkin and sunflower seeds. As a supplement, don’t take over 50 milligrams a day.
- Fiber. If you’re eating five to ten servings of vegetables and fruits a day, you’re already eating plenty of dietary fiber. You need about 25 to 35 grams a day. If you aren’t, then use psyllium as a dietary supplement, available in bulk at health food stores. Mix a spoonful in a glass of water and drink. Keeps elimination regular. Aids in detoxifying the body. Removes congestion from digestive tract.
- Digestive enzymes. If your stomach doesn’t have adequate digestive enzymes, the undigested matter can try to come out through your skin. Take a general digestive enzyme tablet or capsule that includes digestive substances for proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Take with each meal. Don’t take between meals.
Take the above supplements to treat acne daily and consistently. You might see a big improvement in a matter of days, but most likely in a matter of months. Natural healing works slowly at times, but it does work.
Incoming search terms:
- supplements for acne
- natural supplements for acne
- acne supplements
- supplement for acne
- acne herbal oral supplement
- best acne prevention supplement
- spot clearing supplements
More tips on acne care: